When the port 80 is busy, the apache server does not start from the Xampp control panel. Then we can just change the listening port of Apache to other ports than port 80 (Default Port). To do this:
- Step 1: Goto: C:\xampp\apache\conf (Your installation directory of xampp)
- Step 2: Open the file httpd.conf using wordpad or any other notepad type application
- Step 3: Search for Listen 80
- And change 80 to your chosen port and enjoy as an example change it to Listen 81 .
- Access the localhost by typing localhost:81
- And as an optional case you can also change ServerName localhost:80 to ServerName localhost:81
Enjoy the changed port ….